Fall is all about pumpkin. Pumpkin coffee, pumpkin cake, pumpkin scones, pumpkin candy … I need my pumpkin fix in a healthier way!
After two weeks of being sick + a week of travel for work I felt undernourished. This comes from a combination of not eating while sick and then overeating on the wrong foods while on travel.
- 15 oz can pumpkin puree (the stuff you use for pumpkin pies)
- 1/2 carton of chicken broth (organic from Costco — love it!)
- 3 sweet potatoes – cubed
- 3 potatoes – cubed
- 1 onion – chopped (not too small)
- handful of fresh green beans cut in half
- 1 can black beans
- 1/2 cup couscous (barley is also another great option — better IMO)
- Lots of spices (whatever you want!) – salt, pepper, garlic, turmeric, parsley, basil, sage