2013 was a very busy year; but we say that every year don’t we? I’ve definitely exceeded my fitness goals but failed on my dietary goals. I did not really have a weight loss goal; it was almost as if I wanted to see how much weight I could lose simply by exercising more and it’s obvious you can but now I’ve plateaued and diet is a must! Fitness is the easy part for me and the opposite can be said about diet.
In 2013 I lost 22 lbs by running 314 miles and continuing with a vigorous weight lifting program. I worked
|2013 RunKeeper Stats (Running only)|
on getting some swim sessions in but those were too few and far between. My running totals for 2012 and 2011 were both 3.1 miles as I ran a single 5K race each year. I’ve always hated running…until this year. I’ve found a grove and can run anywhere from 3-6 miles depending on how well I’ve hydrated, whether I’m sick or not, and my joints are feeling. I’ve got another 44 lbs to lose until I reach my goal weight. Once I’ve obtained 50% of that I think that running will become so much easier.
Here’s to a better 2014 where my goals will be:
- Eat healthier
- Eat fewer calories (1200 – after factoring in calories needed for fitness goals)
- Lose 44 lbs (i.e. 2 sizes)
- Run 3-4 times per week (3 short and 1 long); total mileage 750
- Swim 2 times per week (cardio goal: 10 x 100 on a 1:20 or less pace)
- Continue with weights focusing on back and chest
- Yoga at least once per week (yeah my back hurts from all the sitting done at work and commuting)
- Bento box queen – yes I want to get really good at making these (they have to taste and look good too)
- No sweet/snack binges!
- Drink less coffee and more water!
- Finish my MBA (only 5 weeks left to go!)